Thursday, September 1, 2011

Clip Four - The Offer

Year 17: The seventh day of the ninth month (998YK)
Sitting on the desk, she stared intently at the paper Hrafnig had given her this morning. The information he and Krenth had gathered in the Shadow Marshes clearly showed that the Order of the Emerald Claw was raiding small settlements and drawing the ire of House Tharashk, but if they weren't going after dragonshards she couldn't understand what they hoped to gain.
"Missus Kristov," inquired a timid voice belonging to an eladrin standing by the door. Though he possessed a relatively burly physique as eladrin go, his entire head could probably fit inside the bicep of an average dragonborn. She had yet to encounter an eladrin that wasn't lean. "Is Mister Kristov around?"
She gave him a weary smile, setting the report down beside her on the desk.
"Arranis, right? This is, what is it, your fifth day in the guild? Several things. First, call me Lily. I appreciate the respect, but it makes me feel old. I'm sure Glen would think the same thing if you call him Mr. Kristov, whether or not he'd admit it. Second, to answer your question, Glen is out and will be back in two days. Third, come in and sit down. I don't bite, and I bet I can answer your questions as well as the guildmaster could."

DATA MISSING

"You could learn more about that in the library," a smooth basso voice stated. "I was just perusing a book about it yesterday. I bet Tavia would know exactly where to find it. Why don't you go pay her a visit?"
The voiced belonged to a stately man standing in the doorway. His garb was black with yellow trim, the symbol of the Sovereign Host outlined in the center of his tunic.
"I wasn't asking."
With that Arranis’ nervous stammering was silenced, and he made haste to leave the room.
Hael took the vacated seat and reclined, placing his boots upon the desk beside Lily.
Lily frowned at him, giving an expression of disapproval and curiosity. "Mister Magnificent Bastard bludgeoning when he could have used finesse? Alright, I'll bite. What've you got for me?"
Hael smiled. (with a hint of menace) "An offer."

DATA ENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment