Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Transcript of Play: Clip Three commentary

Yeah...

"Nathaniel's Tale" is way too long.  At least in relation to the rest of the clips from my show.  It takes up slightly more than seven pages of the forty-seven page document that was my script.  And the script was divided into ten chunks among five folders, so the page breaks leave a lot of empty space in there.
And I didn't even add any stage directions to help interpret conveyed emotions yet!

Clip Three
tl;dr - "My name is Nathaniel and everything bad happens to me.  BAWW!"

[Self-deprecation? What self-deprecation?]

-----

"For a while, we served under a cardinal who later turned out to be corrupt, which led to our first… encounter."

Matt had started the Eberron campaign the year before I got there.  Nathaniel and Bradbury were NPCs who had fought the party under the orders of a corrupt cardinal.

-----

In going over the text again, I realized I might have dropped a point.  At the conclusion of the second traumatic event Nathaniel recounts, let's assume all the dead bodies were dealt with properly even if Nathaniel doesn't mention what happened to them. Good guys buried and bad guys burned, or whatever the proper postmortem procedure is.

No comments:

Post a Comment